Monday, December 7, 2009

holiday cards, take 1.

every quarter i assign my students (at the circus) the same final project: create a new product or service that solves a problem in your life. well, a big problem in my life is that since half of my family is jewish and half is christian, i have to make/get 2 different holiday cards. but not this year.... introducing the holiday card that works for both! just check the box for the appropriate holiday for each receiver and you're good to go.



i've been trying to push the idea of non-digital interactivity to my students and i think these do a good job of getting that across. engage your audience, make them experience design.

i'm thinking about pre-coloring in ones for the old folks, and including colored pencils for the families with kids. the original concept was to just send them out with an X in the box by the appropriate holiday.

thoughts?

oh and a special thanks to Alee&Press for helping me print this weekend. my first letterpress project!



oh, and stay tuned for a slightly different version of this card being printed on wednesday!

also stay tuned for better photos of these cards!

No comments: